Innovation: Quality & Safety
GM Leads Automakers in Dependability Awards
Wed, Feb 12 2014
- GM brands place 13 models among Top 3 in their segments
- All GM brands score at or above industry average
DETROIT – General Motors has more segment award recipients than any other automaker in the J.D Power 2014 Vehicle Dependability Study, doubling last year’s segment awards from four to eight across its four brands.
The 2014 study tracks 2011 model year vehicles in the third year of ownership.
For Chevrolet, the Volt received this highest dependability award in the Compact Car segment in its launch year. The Camaro ranked highest in its segment for a second year in a row, after also receiving the award as a launch vehicle last year.
GM earned the top two spots in the Large Heavy Duty Pickup segment for dependability with the GMC Sierra HD receiving the segment award and Chevrolet Silverado HD ranking second. This marks the second year in a row that GMC Sierra HD ranks highest in vehicle dependability.
“Dependability is one of the top purchase reasons for a car or truck and it is key to customer loyalty,” said Alicia Boler-Davis, senior vice president GM Global Customer Experience and Product Quality. “Receiving more segment awards for our cars and trucks than any other automaker reflects our commitment to provide customers with the best overall experience the industry.”
- Volt – Segment Award, Compact Car
- Camaro – Segment Award, Midsize Sporty Car
- Tahoe – Ranked Second, Large CUV
- Silverado HD – Ranked Second, Large Heavy Duty Pickup
- Avalanche – Ranked Third, Large Light Duty Pickup
- Escalade – Segment Award, Large Premium CUV
- DTS – Segment Award, Large Premium Car
- Lucerne – Segment Award, Large Car
- LaCrosse – Ranked Second – Midsize Car
- Sierra LD – Segment Award, Large Light Duty Pickup
- Sierra HD – Segment Award, Large Heavy Duty Pickup
- Yukon – Segment Award, Large CUV
- Canyon – Ranked Third, Midsize Pickup
General Motors Co. (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM) and its partners produce vehicles in 30 countries, and the company has leadership positions in the world's largest and fastest-growing automotive markets. GM, its subsidiaries and joint venture entities sell vehicles under the Chevrolet, Cadillac, Baojun, Buick, GMC, Holden, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling brands. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety, security and information services, can be found athttp://www.gm.com