General Motors is committed to fostering smart, safe and sustainable communities around the world. Our social investments promote economic growth through STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education, vehicle and road safety and sustainable communities.
Request For Proposals:
- Hometown Giving by investing in student success and neighborhood revitalization efforts in Detroit. Deadline: May 12, 2017. For more information, download the Hometown Giving RFP.
- STEM Education by investing in programs that improve the presence and persistence of students studying science, technology, engineering and math. Deadline: May 12, 2017. For more information, download the STEM Education RFP.
Since 1976, the General Motors Foundation has donated nearly $1 billion to U.S. charities, educational organizations and disaster relief efforts worldwide. In 2016, the company began transitioning from a U.S.-focused, foundation-based giving model to a global social impact strategy to promote economic growth around the world. This strategy will advance STEM education, improve vehicle and road safety and build sustainable communities, with a special focus where GM has business units and employee presence around the world.
Fuel social investments to promote economic growth around the world through STEM education, vehicle and road safety and sustainable communities.
Smart, safe and sustainable communities around the world.
- Support for recognized local, national, regional and global charities who provide unique programming and/or community outreach initiatives.
- Seek out broad, strategic partnership opportunities directed toward our giving focus areas.
- Work to leverage our commitment to empowering underserved GM communities around the world.