For more info:
DETROIT – General Motors CEO Mary Barra and GM leaders from around the globe thanked five loyal customers over the course of 48 hours this week by surprising each of them with a free vehicle.
The events celebrated the global production of 500 million GM-branded vehicles – more than any automaker – and recognized customers who experienced milestones in their GM vehicles. The customers are:
- Trent Brining, a U.S. Army veteran and Purple Heart recipient who received an all-new 2016 Chevrolet Malibu at Monday’s global kick-off event at GM’s Fairfax Assembly plant in Kansas City, Kan. The Malibu will be built there later this year.
- Supot Khwankoom, a farmer from Thailand who saved to purchase his family’s first vehicle, received a Chevrolet Colorado.
- Anna Katharina Dionysius, whose Opel Astra was totaled in a collision, received a Zafira Tourer fresh off the line. She calls the designers and engineers of her Astra her “heroes.”
- Da Shuo, an entrepreneur from China known for his “Purple Bullet” – a peach-and-purple-painted Chevrolet Cruze that inspired his customization business. His personalized fleet will expand with the addition of a new Chevrolet Trax.
- Amandio Palhares and Joselle Pinheiro, avid travelers from Brazil who traveled nine months in their Chevrolet truck across 16 countries from Brazil to Alaska. They received a Chevrolet Cruze to inspire another cross-continent journey.
About General Motors
General Motors Co. (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM) and its partners produce vehicles in 30 countries, and the company has leadership positions in the world's largest and fastest-growing automotive markets. GM, its subsidiaries and joint venture entities sell vehicles under the Chevrolet, Cadillac, Baojun, Buick, GMC, Holden, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling brands. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety, security and information services, can be found at http://www.gm.com