- Holden consolidates its position in the top three automotive companies in Australia
- Q4 2015 saw Holden sales grow by 12.9% compared to the same quarter last year – the second strongest growth performance amongst Australia’s 10 top selling car brands in Q4
- 24 new models launched by 2020; Holden to refresh or replace every vehicle in its range
- New model onslaught combines with the ongoing evolution of the Holden brand and a laser focus on customer experience to underpin Holden’s future success
Holden achieved solid sales across 2015 to consolidate its position in the top three automotive companies in Australia. Today’s official Federal Chamber of Automotive Industry (FCAI) figures show Holden finished the year with 102,951 sales – translating to 8.9% percent market share for the year. This solid result was driven by strong SUV, pick-up and VF Commodore sales.
In calendar year 2015, Holden saw growth across a number of key models lines, including the Spark, Trax, Captiva and Colorado model lines.
Holden Chairman and Managing Director, Mark Bernhard, said that while 2015 had been a challenging year for Holden, the Lion brand remains focused on building a building a bright long-term future through a focus on three key business pillars: brand, product and customer experience.
“While we saw a slight decrease in overall sales compared to 2014, there are many positive trends and several key model lines performed strongly. Holden will continue to face challenges in 2016 and we have a lot of work to do, but our long-term strategy to modernize and evolve our brand, put the customer at the centre of everything we do and completely overhaul our vehicle range is beginning to pay dividends, step by step.
“Particularly encouraging was our sales performance across the final four months of 2015. From September, for four straight months, Holden increased its sales year on year. In fact during those four months we sold 3,755, or 16.3 per cent, more vehicles than in the corresponding 2014 period. This represents the second highest growth figures during this period of the Top 10 automotive brands in Australia. Holden finished 2015 with four straight months of year-on-year growth.
“After launching some fantastic new models in 2015, including the Astra hatch, Cascada convertible and Insignia sedan, Holden’s new product onslaught will continue this year. We are launching 24 new models by 2020, refreshing or replacing every single model in the Holden line-up. We are paying particular attention to the key growth market segments in Australia and will have an all-new world-class SUV line-up, an outstanding pick-up truck and industry-leading small cars. Holden is becoming much more than the Commodore car company.
“We will bring the right products from across GM’s global portfolio to give Australian customers the best line-up ever, including smart technology like Apple Car Play and Android Auto available in every Spark and Captiva model from 2016. And this is just the start, we will also launch the all-new, world-class Astra hatch later in 2016 and have a few very exciting surprises up our sleeve.”
- ENDS -
To stay up to date with Holden news, connect with Holden:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/holdenaustralia
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/holdenaustralia
- Lion Magazine: www.holden.com.au/forms/subscribe-to-holden
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/holden_aus
- Instagram: @HoldenAustralia
Director – Communications
Tel: +61 3 9647 2293
Mob: +61 427 173 336
Product Communications Manager
Tel: +61 3 9647 2644
Mob: +61 428 255 876