DETROIT – The Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad will join thousands of classic car enthusiasts on Woodward Avenue on Saturday, August 20 to offer assistance to classic cruisers that stall, overheat or run out of gas.
ASE-certified technicians provided by Buff Whelan, Gordon, Les Stanford, Marty Feldman, John Bowman and Suburban Chevrolet will cruise Woodward in both directions in six 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Rescue Squad Pickup trucks.
Since the Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad began participating in the Woodward Dream Cruise five years ago, it has serviced almost 200 vehicles of all makes and models. The technicians, who volunteer their time during the Dream Cruise, give classic car owners peace of mind in the event of a breakdown.
“The volunteers who manage our Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad are above all else, fans of the Woodward Dream Cruise and the cars they service during the event,” said Chevrolet Certified Service Marketing Manager Scott Williams.
With more than 40,000 classic cars expected to participate in the Woodward Dream Cruise, the Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad have this advice for cruisers before they hit the road with their classics:
- Battery – make sure the battery is charged, the terminals are clean and check for wear or aging of the alternator belt and distributor cap
- Fluids – check fluid levels to make sure the vehicle is ready to operate for several hours, and bring extra to top off when necessary; proper cooling system operation is essential in hot weather and stop-and-go traffic
- Gas – fill up the gas tank all the way before heading to Woodward; a sticky or faulty gas gauge can leave you stranded
- Tires – check the pressure and condition of all tires, especially if the vehicle is only driven a few times per year
- Wiper Blades – make sure the windshield wipers are in good operating condition
“Classic car lovers take great care of their vehicles, but unforeseen issues can crop up, especially given the long hours of the Dream Cruise,” said Williams. “The professional technicians from the Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad look forward to keeping this year’s classics on the road, cruising.”
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com