SHANGHAI – General Motors and its joint ventures in China achieved their highest June sales ever, with deliveries rising 4.3 percent on an annual basis to 285,191 vehicles.
The Buick, Cadillac and Baojun brands had record results for June, while Chevrolet had its strongest growth in six months. Demand for SUVs, the key driver of GM’s sales growth, surged 42 percent in June. It remained the company’s best-performing segment.
“We are pleased with the strong demand across our brands in June,” said GM Executive Vice President and GM China President Matt Tsien. “Over the next six months, we will be launching 10 new and refreshed models to build on our momentum. They include the much-awaited all-new Buick Regal premium sports sedan and Baojun 310 wagon in July.”
- Cadillac posted June deliveries of 12,886 units, an increase of 35 percent on an annual basis, for its 16th consecutive month of double-digit growth. Sales in the first half of 2017 jumped 75 percent from a year earlier.
- The XT5 luxury SUV sold nearly 5,000 units in June, strengthening its position as the brand’s best-seller.
- Deliveries of the ATS-L luxury sport sedan rose 34 percent for its 12th consecutive month of double-digit growth.
- Deliveries of the CT6 prestige sedan surged 81 percent from a year earlier.
- Buick deliveries increased 13 percent year on year to 96,913 units in June.
- Sales of the GL8 MPV family more than doubled from the previous June, as demand for the new-generation GL8 and GL8 Avenir stayed robust.
- The Envision, with sales of over 16,000 units, remained highly popular in the competitive global SUV segment.
- LaCrosse deliveries increased nearly 1.4 times to over 7,700 units.
- Excelle GT deliveries rose 40 percent to over 37,000 units.
- Chevrolet deliveries rose 7.2 percent from last June to more than 38,000 units.
- Deliveries of the Malibu family, Chevrolet’s flagship sedan, were up 40 percent from a year earlier.
- Cavalier deliveries surpassed 11,000 units in its first June on the market in China.
- The Equinox global SUV sold over 5,400 units in its second full month on the market, topping the previous month’s sales by 42 percent.
- Baojun deliveries increased 47 percent year over year to nearly 64,000 units in June.
- The Baojun 510 posted deliveries of over 25,000 units, keeping the best-seller title in Baojun’s portfolio for the third consecutive month.
- The Baojun 310 remained popular as well, with over 8,500 units delivered.
- Wuling deliveries totaled 73,460 units in June.
- The Hong Guang, the most popular Wuling nameplate in China, delivered more than 30,000 units in June.
- Later this year, Wuling will introduce its first SUV – the Hong Guang S3 – to capitalize on one of China’s fastest-growing vehicle segments.