DETROIT — GM and Chevrolet are teaming up with the George W. Bush Presidential Center to honor and support those who have served and sacrificed to protect the security and freedom of all Americans.
At 4:30 p.m. PST on Jan. 20, 2018, Chevrolet will offer the first retail production Corvette Carbon 65 Edition coupe, signed by President George W. Bush, for auction at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The money raised will benefit the Bush Center’s Military Service Initiative. The Military Service Initiative’s primary goal is ensuring that post-9/11 veterans and their families make successful transitions to civilian life, with a focus on gaining meaningful employment and overcoming the invisible wounds of war.
With more than 6,000 veterans employed at GM and more than 50,000 GM retirees who are veterans, GM and Chevrolet are proud to help those who have given so much for their country.
Learn more in this video with GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra and President George W. Bush:
For details about the Barrett-Jackson auction and how to bid on this special Corvette, please visit:
2018 Corvette Carbon 65
The first Corvette rolled out of the factory on June 30, 1953. Chevrolet is commemorating the 65th anniversary of that auspicious debut with a new track-inspired Corvette Carbon Edition 65 package offered on 2018 Grand Sport and Z06 models.
Limited to only 650 vehicles, each with a unique vehicle identification number, the distinctive package blends visible carbon-fiber exterior elements similar to the Corvette Racing C7.R with a new Ceramic Matrix Gray exterior color and unique interior appointments that include a new carbon-fiber-rimmed steering wheel.
- Available on Grand Sport 3LT and Z06 3LZ trims (order code Z30)
- Ceramic Matrix Gray exterior (blue top on Convertibles)
- Unique fender stripes and door graphics
- Black wheels with machined grooves (Cup-style wheels for Grand Sport and Blade-style wheels for Z06)
- Blue brake calipers
- Visible carbon-fiber ground effects, hood section and roof (Coupe models) or tonneau inserts (Convertible models)
- New visible carbon-fiber spoiler (all models) and quarter intake ducts (Coupe)
- Center caps with Carbon logo
- Carbon Flash badges and outside mirrors
- Jet Black suede-wrapped interior with blue stitching
- Carbon-fiber steering wheel rim and gloss carbon-fiber interior trim
- Competition Sport seats
- Carbon Edition sill plates
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 100 countries and selling more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
# # #