- DESIGNER CREATES AN IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE TO CELEBRATE HIS SPRING ’18 GREY JASON WU LINE COLLECTION
- FREE EVENTS TAKE PLACE THROUGHOUT THE WEEK
- LIMITED-EDITION CAPSULE COLLECTION AVAILABLE
NEW YORK — Cadillac has partnered with famed fashion designer and artist Jason Wu to celebrate his spring 2018 collection for his sister line GREY Jason Wu by providing the public with an engaging New York Fashion Week experience titled #GREYOUT.
Wu will reveal his spring ‘18 GREY Jason Wu Line collection on Sept. 11 at Cadillac House as part of New York Fashion Week’s official schedule.
#GREYOUT runs from Sept. 12-Sept. 24 with Wu taking over as creative director of Cadillac House in New York City, completely transforming the 3,500 square feet of space with wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling design. Attendees will be surrounded by a custom GREY hue Wu created with The Pantone Color Institute for an immersive, multisensory experience. #GREYOUT will be open to the public.
Cadillac House is a place where diverse brands come together to craft experiences in art, fashion, entertainment and hospitality that go beyond the automotive lens. Wu’s #GREYOUT is about embracing the things in life that aren’t so black and white.
Cadillac and Wu first collaborated in 2015, when the designer appeared in Cadillac’s relaunch campaign and Oscars marketing creative called “Dare Greatly.” Since then, Wu has been involved in several projects with the brand, including a CT6 print campaign he art-directed with fashion photographers Inez and Vinoodh and supermodel Constance Jablonski, plus development of an Escala luggage set using signature grey leather material from the interior of Cadillac’s Escala concept car.
As part of the takeover, Wu will tap his creative network to unveil a capsule collection that includes nine limited-edition collaborations. From the Sharpie markers and Moleskine notebooks he uses to sketch designs, to the Moshi charging bank and headphones that accompany him during extensive travel, each item holds significance and utility in his life and will be available in the signature Jason Wu Pantone GREY for limited runs during #GREYOUT. These items will be available for purchase exclusively at Cadillac House through a series of curated events that merge fashion, beauty, art and wellness.
- Sept. 12: GREY Beauty Bar: Join Jason Wu and Deborah Lippmann for complimentary manicures featuring custom GREY nail polish and five exclusive nail art designs.
- Sept. 13: Fitness and Fashion Collide: Fashion’s favorite fitness insiders will host complimentary classes and discuss living in the GREY as an idea of balance and healthy lifestyles.
- Sept. 14: Inspired by Color: Join color experts from The Pantone Color Institute and Behr Paint to discover the deeper meanings behind the colors we use every day, and how to incorporate them into our lives.
- Sept. 15: Illustrated by GREY: Collaborate with Jason and his favorite illustrators and artists to uncap the possibilities with Sharpie and Moleskine. Join Jason and Google to experience the latest in virtual reality creativity and fashion innovation with Tilt Brush.
For more details, a schedule of events for each day and to RSVP, visit www.greyjasonwu.com.
ABOUT CADILLAC HOUSE
CADILLAC HOUSE is Cadillac’s first-ever brand experience center—a public space that brings Cadillac’s design sensibility and passion points to life through a range of dynamic, curated programming and events across the arts, fashion, entertainment, and hospitality. Located in downtown New York City, Cadillac House represents the brand’s commitment to its new home and as a result, offers diverse experiences including a gallery, retail space, and café and exhibition area for the brand’s vehicles — resulting in a venue with an ever-evolving point of view on subjects beyond the automotive industry.
ABOUT GREY JASON WU
GREY Jason Wu is about capturing the happy medium and embracing the things in life that aren’t so black and white. Jason Wu launched GREY in 2016 to create a collection tailored to that modern mindset. Featuring pieces that celebrate femininity and craftsmanship, the GREY Jason Wu collection is available at greyjasonwu.com, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Shopbop, and Nordstrom.
# # #