SHANGHAI – General Motors and its joint ventures in China delivered a March record of 352,346 vehicles. Sales were up 2 percent from a year earlier. Buick and Cadillac had record deliveries in March, while Chevrolet grew 35 percent from a year earlier.
Sales in the first three months of 2018 increased 8 percent on an annual basis to 986,052 units.
- Cadillac sales increased 46 percent from the previous March to 18,007 units.
- Sales of the XT5 luxury SUV, the brand’s best-selling model, rose 36 percent to more than 6,100 units.
- XTS luxury sedan sales advanced 65 percent to nearly 5,100 units.
- ATS-L luxury sport sedan sales grew 32 percent to over 5,200 units.
- Deliveries of the CT6 prestige sedan nearly doubled, topping 1,500 units.
- Buick deliveries rose 4 percent to 92,007 units.
- Sales of the Excelle GT sedan, the most popular Buick model, reached nearly 24,000 units.
- Deliveries of the Verano family rose 13 percent to over 15,000 units.
- Strong demand for the new-generation GL8 drove GL8 MPV family deliveries up 24 percent to over 13,000 units.
- Chevrolet deliveries increased 35 percent to 47,017 units.
- Deliveries of the Cavalier were up 85 percent to nearly 19,000 units. Chevrolet introduced the Cavalier 325T with a new-generation Ecotec 1.0L turbocharged engine in March to further bolster sales of its best-selling nameplate in China.
- Sales of the Malibu family, Chevrolet’s flagship sedan, increased 33 percent to about 9,600 units.
- The Equinox global SUV achieved sales of nearly 6,000 units.
- Baojun sales totaled 76,980 units.
- Baojun 510 SUV deliveries nearly doubled to over 32,000 units, as it remained the brand’s sales champion for a full year.
- Sales of the Baojun 310 family soared 58 percent to more than 16,000 units, with about two-thirds accounted for by the Baojun 310 wagon.
- The Baojun 530, a new compact SUV available in eight variants, had sales of about 10,000 units following its launch on March 11.
- Wuling deliveries totaled 118,335 units, as the brand sustained its market dominance in the mini-commercial vehicle segment.
- The Hong Guang MPV family, Wuling’s best-selling nameplate, had sales of more than 45,000 units. The Hong Guang S3, which was introduced in November, contributed about a quarter of sales.
General Motors will begin reporting its China vehicle sales on a quarterly basis, consistent with its recent U.S. announcement. In 2018, second quarter sales will be released in July, third quarter sales in October and fourth quarter sales in January 2019.