We’re committed to continuous improvement as we reduce the environmental impact of our vehicles and facilities. We’re making progress—through vehicles like the Chevrolet Volt, our 122 landfill-free facilities and by receiving back to back EPA ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence awards. Not only is this the right thing to do, it’s proven to be great for our business. Our culture of environmental responsibility makes us think creatively, consistently innovate, and be leaner and more efficient. Over the course of our everyday work, we focus on several areas where we can make a difference, like more fuel-efficient vehicles, energy efficiency, waste reduction and resource preservation.
Our dedication reaches further than compliance with the law to encompass the integration of sound environmental practices into our business decisions. Guided by our environmental principles, we consider the environment throughout all aspects of our business, from our supply chain, to manufacturing, to the vehicles we put on the road. These are the principles that help frame our planning and decision-making for our company’s future:
- We are committed to restoring and preserving the environment.
- We are committed to reducing waste and pollutants, conserving resources and recycling materials at every stage of the product lifecycle.
- We will actively participate in educating the public about environmental conservation.
- We will vigorously pursue the development and implementation of technologies to minimize pollutant emissions.
- We will work with all government entities for the development of technically sound and financially responsible environmental laws and regulations.
- We will continually assess the impact of our facilities and products on the environment and the communities where we live and operate with a goal of continuous improvement.
For more information on our environmental commitment and progress, visit gmsustainability.com.