DETROIT — General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today announced first-quarter 2018 results reflecting profitability in all operating segments and record earnings in China and from GM Financial.
Income from continuing operations was impacted by a $0.9 billion special charge related to Korea restructuring. Income from continuing operations and EBIT-adjusted reflect the impact of planned production downtime in preparation for the company’s all-new full-size Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra truck launches later this year.
First-quarter 2018 results:
- EPS-diluted of $0.77 and EPS-diluted-adjusted of $1.43
- Revenue of $36.1 billion
- GM North America EBIT-adjusted of $2.2 billion and margin of 8.0 percent
- GM North America is on track to sustain 10 percent full-year margin
- GM International EBIT-adjusted of $0.2 billion, includes record equity income in China of $0.6 billion
- GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $0.4 billion, nearly double year over year
For complete details and to see reconciliations of non-GAAP measures to their most directly comparable GAAP measures, click here to download the full press release, or visit the GM Investor Relations website.
Investor analyst conference call
GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra and Executive Vice President and CFO Chuck Stevens will host a conference call for investor analysts at 9:30 a.m. EDT today to discuss first-quarter business results. The call will include introductory remarks followed by a question and answer session for analysts.
Journalists who wish to listen to the call may dial in using the following numbers:
- United States: 1-888-808-8618
- International: +1-949-484-0645
- Name of Call: GM Earnings Call
General Motors Co. (NYSE:GM) has leadership positions in the world's largest and fastest-growing automotive markets. GM, its subsidiaries and joint venture entities sell vehicles under the Chevrolet, Cadillac, Baojun, Buick, GMC, Holden, Jiefang and Wuling brands. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety, security and information services, can be found at https://www.gm.com.