DETROIT – The Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad will cruise Woodward Avenue on Saturday, August 15, to help keep things moving by assisting classic cruisers that stall, overheat or run out of gas.
“It’s called the ‘The Dream Cruise’, but an overheated engine, a drained battery, or a flat tire can turn that dream into a nightmare for enthusiasts whose countdown clock to Woodward starts the day the last one ends,” said Chris Brandt, Chevrolet Certified Service advertising manager. “No one wants to break down or cause ‘The Dream Traffic Jam,’ so Chevrolet Certified Service technicians will help cruisers with the kind of minor issues that can be easily remedied.”
Stats compiled by last year’s Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad point to a few key items to which cruisers should pay special attention before they hit the road with their classics:
- Battery – make sure the battery is charged; the terminals are clean and check for wear or aging of the alternator belt and distributor cap.
- Fluids – check fluid levels to make sure the vehicle is ready to operate for several hours and have extra to top it off when necessary.
- Gas – fill it up and top it off before heading to Woodward. A sticky or faulty gas gage can leave you stranded.
- Tires – check the pressure and condition, especially if the vehicle is driven only a few times a year.
- Wiper Blades – make sure the windshield wipers are in good operating condition in the event of rain.
ASE certified technicians provided by Buff Whelan, Gordon, Les Stanford, Marty Feldman, John Bowman and Suburban Chevrolet will cruise Woodward in both directions in six 2015 Chevrolet Silverado Rescue Squad Pickup trucks.
Since the Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad began participating at the Woodward Dream Cruise four years ago, it has serviced more than 150 vehicles of all makes and models.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling around 4.8 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.