NEW YORK – Award-winning publication Cool Hunting, in partnership with Cadillac, today announced the inaugural class of honorees for the CH25 program to celebrate individuals from the global creative community who are driving the world forward with innovative thinking and initiatives.
“The first annual CH25 program has been an inspiring experience and expanded our view on what is possible for our partners, panelists and members of the Cool Hunting editorial team,” said Josh Rubin, Cool Hunting co-founder and editor in chief. “We were amazed by the work that is being done and proud that Cool Hunting is the medium showcasing these brilliant individuals that are driving the future forward.”
The 2015 jury included a distinguished panel of future makers representing the five CH25 categories: Andrew Smith, Cadillac executive director of Global Design (“Design”); John Maeda, graphic designer and author (“Culture”); Piera Gelardi, creative designer and co-founder at Refinery29 (“Style”); Eric Demby, co-founder of Brooklyn Flea and Smorgasburg (“Food + Drink”), and Jessica Banks, founder of RockPaperRobot (“Technology”).
“Innovation in food used to mean which new global cuisine a chef had ‘discovered.’ Now it’s how can you help feed the world, how can you revive a fading indigenous industry, [or] how can you grow vegetables in a mini fridge,” said Demby. “The CH25 winners – and all the applicants – stretch the imagination to envision a world almost beyond comprehension when it comes to positive thinking and social impact.”
THE CH25 – CLASS OF 2015:
- Lulu Mickelson, assistant press secretary at NYC Department of Small Business Services
- Joshua Harker, artist, sculptor, musician, digital adventurer, imagination architect
- Marcus Weller, founder and CEO of SKULLY
- Jonathan Sparks, artist, musician and mobile applications developer
- Dan Barasch and James Ramsey, co-founders of The Lowline
- Leopoldine Huyghues Despointes, founder of Disabled InsideOut, producer and actress
- Latoya Ruby Frazier, photographer
- Alex Kalman, co-founder of Mmuseumm
- Kathleen Supové, pianist
- Sabine Seymour, founder of SoftSpot and director of the Fashionable Technology Lab The New School Parsons School for Design
- Roxie Darling, hair color specialist at Hairstory Studio
- Vanessa Newman, co-founder and fashion designer, Butchbaby & Co.
- Pauline Van Dongen, fashion designer specializing in wearable technology
- Kegan Schouwenburg, co-founder and CEO of SOLS
FOOD + DRINK
- Eelke Plasmeijer, co-founder and chef of Ubud's Restaurant Locavore
- Corinne Joachim Sanon, co-founder of Askanya Chocolate
- Melissa Kushner, founder and executive director of Goods for Good
- Justin Guilbert and Douglas Riboud, founders of Harmless Harvest
- Tarren Wolfe, founder and CEO of Urban Cultivator
- George Arriola, founder of Monohm
- Cynthia Breazeal, founder of Jibo and professor of Media Arts and Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Matt Kenyon, artist and associate professor in the Stamps School of Art and Design at the University of Michigan
- Tal Danino, researcher of biology and engineering
- Sarah Kunst, investor and board member at Venture for America
- Meredith Perry, founder and CEO of uBeam
Profiles for each honoree are featured in a special CH25 section of the Cool Hunting website.
For more information and other CH25 updates, follow @CoolHunting and the #CH25 hashtag on Twitter and Instagram, and on Facebook at facebook.com/coolhunting.
The CH25 program was developed by Largetail, the New York-based digital creative studio and advertising network, in partnership with Cadillac, The Story Lab, Publicis North America and Carat.
About Cool Hunting
New York City-based Cool Hunting is synonymous with seeking inspiration. Our global team of editors and contributors seek innovations in design, technology, art and culture to create our award-winning publication, consisting of daily updates and weekly mini-documentaries. Founded in 2003, we now have an international audience of like-minded creative people who find our content on CoolHunting.com, our Vimeo and YouTube channels, our social media platforms, email newsletter and RSS feed.
Cadillac has been a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. Today Cadillac is growing globally, driven by an expanding product portfolio featuring dramatic design and technology. More information on Cadillac appears at www.cadillac.com. Cadillac's media website with information, images and video can be found at media.cadillac.com. For more information about Cadillac’s bold new journey and see how it dares to drive the world forward, follow @Cadillac on Twitter and Instagram, Dare-Greatly.com or on Facebook.com/Cadillac.
New York City-based Largetail is a digital creative studio that represents more than 100 digital publications and works with hundreds of influencers that distribute and amplify immersive marketing solutions for the world’s most influential brands. Its recent clients include Tudor watches, Dom Pérignon, IKEA, Marriott, the NFL, Cole Haan, Pirelli and Levi’s among others. For further information on Largetail, visithttps://www.largetail.com.