DETROIT – Demonstrating its commitment to designing quality vehicles that meet consumer needs, General Motors received six segment-level awards — the most of any automaker — in the 2016 J.D. Power U.S. Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) study released today.
Through customer surveys, the APEAL Study examines how gratifying a new vehicle is to own and drive. Owners evaluate their vehicle across 77 attributes that make up an overall brand score measured on a 1,000-point scale.
“These awards are a great recognition of the progress we are making in the design and development of our vehicles,” said Tony Francavilla, General Motors vice president of quality. “We realize that every touch point, whether it is the vehicle’s appeal, initial quality or long-term durability, impacts our ability to earn customers for life.”
In addition to earning the most segment-level awards, GM also earned the most top-three places.
Model Highlights by Brand
- Sonic – Segment Award, Small Car (2nd Year in a Row)
- Camaro – Segment Award, Midsize Sporty Car
- Colorado – Midsize Pickup (2nd Year in a Row)
- Tahoe – Large SUV
- Silverado – Ranks Third, Large Light Duty Pickup
- Silverado HD – Ranks Second, Large Heavy Duty Pickup
- Cascada – Compact Sport Car
- Enclave – Ranked Third (tie), Midsize SUV
- Sierra HD – Segment Award, Large Heavy Duty Pickup (2nd Year in a Row)
- Sierra – Ranks Second, Large Light Duty Pickup
- Canyon – Ranks Second, Midsize Pickup
- Escalade – Ranks Second, Large Premium SUV
General Motors Co. (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM) and its partners produce vehicles in 30 countries, and the company has leadership positions in the world's largest and fastest-growing automotive markets. GM, its subsidiaries and joint venture entities sell vehicles under the Chevrolet, Cadillac, Baojun, Buick, GMC, Holden, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling brands. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety, security and information services, can be found at https://www.gm.com.