- Maven surveyed 2,000 millennials and profiled social calendars, spending habits and summer adventures.
- Millennials will spend an average of $1,300 socializing and attend 37 events in summer 2017.
- 62 percent of respondents said they are far more spontaneous and adventurous during the summer.
Millennials love to travel and socialize during the summer and they don’t mind spending money to do it.
Maven surveyed more than 2,000 millennials ages 18-35 and profiled their social calendars, spending habits and summer adventures. During summer 2017 (June 21-Sept. 23), millennials on average will attend 37 events and spend an incredible $1,300 on socializing. They also said they are much more likely to attend social events in the summer compared with the winter.
This generation also has unmet travel needs. More than one in three wish they had access to an SUV/crossover, and nearly two-thirds of those surveyed would travel 100 miles or more for an event. In fact, 30 percent of millennials’ social events take place outside of the town or city where they live.
Enter Maven, the personal mobility app offering hourly and daily vehicle rentals in 14 North American cities. Maven is helping with all that summer socializing by providing free gas and including 180 free miles per day in every reservation.
With Maven, millennials will always arrive in style to the pool party or barbecue. Maven members — 80 percent of whom are millennials — can hit the road in a sporty crossover or SUV such as the Chevrolet Equinox and Tahoe, or the GMC Acadia, Buick Encore and Cadillac Escalade.
“Maven has a car for every occasion and experience,” said Megan Stooke, Maven chief marketing officer. “From SUVs to eco-friendly sedans, matching the best vehicle to the experience is part of what makes Maven a unique offering.”
MILLENNIAL SUMMER SPENDING AVERAGES
- More than half noted that nice weather makes them more likely to attend or travel to a social event, followed closely by low gas prices, someone else driving, light traffic and access to a vehicle.
- 37 percent wish they had access to a vehicle with better gas mileage.
- $851 spent per summer per person on travel costs alone (not including work-related travel)
- They spend 4 hours and 47 minutes per week traveling for non-work reasons and 62 hours traveling for social events each summer.
- 62 percent are more spontaneous during the summer.
- 63 percent are more likely to cancel social plans in colder months.
“This research reinforces that experiences for millennials are critically important,” Stooke said. “Maven provides seamless connectivity through an on-demand app, available for use by the hour or by the day, allowing our members to be there for moments that matter. We are a key enabler.”
Maven is a personal mobility app that provides hassle-free, on-demand vehicle access for travel, work and everyday life. Consumers and businesses can choose from tech-savvy vehicles that fit every need: hourly rentals for errands, weekly rentals for freelance work, or monthlong reservations. Maven members enjoy all the benefits of car ownership without the hassle, upkeep and cost. All reservations include insurance (minus a deductible). Maven leverages GM’s portfolio of Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles.
Members can use Maven four different ways:
- Maven Gig allows members to earn money on their own terms by providing a vehicle that can be used delivering goods or transporting people.
- Maven City offers vehicles with dedicated parking spots for easy city driving, and gas is included.
- Maven Reserve lets members in Maven City markets use a vehicle from seven to 28 days and comes with a $100 gas card.
- Maven Home provides on-site car sharing for residential communities.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @drivemaven